Happy Friday everyone. I hope you all had a great week. Did you get your 7 Happy Thoughts about yourself? I did. It was really scary at first to come up with one each day. It felt wrong in such a weird way like I would be full of myself if I thought of seven good things about me. I didn’t want to be vain, but this task wasn’t about vanity. It was about connecting the mind and heart and just feeling love for ourselves.
The first two days I didn’t think any bad thoughts; I didn’t say anything bad about myself; I didn’t wiggle my tummy fat. I was off to a pretty good start, but the third day I did waiver slightly… I was thinking some bad thoughts but I quickly reminded myself of the happy thought of the day. If I’m being honest the last few days were harder still. It is very difficult to change your thought pattern in a week, so as those same old insecure destructive thoughts entered my mind, I kept thinking about my happy thought. By yesterday I had completed my 7 Happy Thoughts mission. It was hard giving myself permission to say and believe the following mantras.
1. I am a good Mother. – This one is my first thought because I am so proud to be a Mommy and believe wholeheartedly that I am a great one.
2. I stand up for what I believe in. – This is the second because this is an important part of my character. I love the fact that I am someone who will not stand in the shadows and keep my mouth closed if I see something wrong happening.
3. I am compassionate and caring- One of the best qualities I possess because I do care deeply for others and will try my best to help anyone I can.
4. I work hard to achieve my goals- Writing a weekly blog, constantly searching for ways to diversify and put myself out there is no easy task with every thing else on my plate, but I persevere anyway.
5. I am always trying to be better version of myself- I try to review the ways I could handle situations better, be kinder to people, be better wife and mommy and be a better writer, etc. Life is about working every day to be better than the last.
6. I have a great sense of humour- Laughter is the best medicine and I love making people laugh. I am sarcastic and love to joke around. I think that side of me makes my personality attractive to people.
7. I am proud to have lost all 45 pounds of baby weight- This was no easy task. It took me 16 months after giving birth. It was difficult trying to accept my body postpartum. It certainly didn’t feel or look like how it used to, so I worked my belly, hips, and bum off trying to get back into shape. It’s still a work in progress but I am so proud of how far I’ve come.
There it is in black and white. My 7 Days of Happy Thoughts. It feels good. It looks good. It reminds me of my struggles and triumphs in my life. Isn’t that what life is all about- how we overcome the obstacles put in front of us? After reading my seven thoughts over again now, I’m starting to feel like maybe this is something I could continue. I have to change the patterns of my destructive thinking and just keep these 7 Happy thoughts close by. Every time I start to tear myself down, I’ll think about them and remind myself that I am worthy of love, life, laughter, beauty. We all are. It shouldn’t matter how other negative people view us or how they might try to make us feel less than we deserve. The only truth is what lies within our own hearts. The more we fill our hearts with love for ourselves; the less empty space there will be for hate.
I hope you did your own 7 Happy Thoughts and if you didn’t get the courage up to, I hope you try it soon. If you feel like sharing, send me a message, email, tweet, whatever form of communication you choose. If you want to keep your happy thoughts private, I respect that too. Even if we all just gave ourselves one happy thought every day who knows how the world around us might change… love is the strongest emotion.
Until next week, keep your happy thoughts written on your heart. Enjoy the beauty of the weekend.
I am so proud of you love, I see you in those eyes everyday with all the happy thoughts. You are a wonderful person and wish you could see that more but this is a great starting point. Love you xoxo
Thanks love. I know I always have your love and support. It means more than I could ever say. Xoxox
I understand how hard this was and I applaud you for achieving your goal
Thanks Doreen. I appreciate your support. Hope you find all your happy thoughts. 🙂
Melissa you are a great daughter, a great wife, a great friend to everyone and most of all a great mother so keep up the happy thoughts you are the best love you.
Thanks Mom. I really appreciate everything you said. 🙂 you are a great mom too.
Thanks Melissa ….. So proud of ya ….. A start to another 7 days of Happy thoughts. Tracy